Masseo Landscape is excited about using a new ice melt product called ClearLane®. It’s made by Cargil Deicing Technology and it’s getting praise as being the one of the most effective environmentally safe ice melt products on the market.
Why we Think You’ll Love ClearLane® Enhanced Deicer
- Effectively melts snow in sub-zero temps. Straight road salt just doesn’t work below 15 degrees.
- Lasts much longer per application, so it’s more cost effective for you.
- There’s less run-off because it really sticks to the pavement where it belongs.
- It’s sticky so there’s less scatter. It won’t bounce all over your lawn and burnout your grass.
- Less product on your driveway or parking lot means, fewer chlorides released into the environment.
- When used as pre-storm treatment, anti-icing properties provide advance protection .
- It’s an ice melt that’s green in concept and in color. Yes, it’s colored green so you know where it is.
What is ClearLane® Enhanced Deicer?
It’s basically your traditional sodium chloride rock salt (table salt) that’s been pretreated with corrosion inhibitors and a patented mixture of liquid magnesium chloride, a product of the sea.
Interestingly, magnesium chloride also has culinary applications and is used in the production of tofu and soy milk.
Magnesium chloride has long been touted as the compound of choice for it’s anti-icing properties and lower impact on plant life, concrete and the environment.
You can find out more about ClearLane® and how it’s been classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) by visiting ClearLane® website.