Expert French Drain Installation and Repair in New Paltz, NY
Sometimes called surface drains, French drains are a powerful stormwater management tool. They’re easy to install and repair, and amazingly efficient at solving landscape water retention issues.
When We Use Them
French drains are pretty versatile, so we use them to solve a variety of issues. The most common use is to redirect water from sensitive areas in a landscape, like low spots, pool yards, and planting beds. However, they’re a useful tool to mitigate any water retention issues in a landscape.
Other common problems that can be solved with french drains:
- Flooded driveways
- Water getting into your garage
- Flooded walkways
How They Work
It’s pretty simple. French drains are built with perforated pipes, allowing water to flow in from the top. When installed correctly, they catch runoff and stormwater before it hits a sensitive area, and relocate it where the water won’t cause damage.
The pipe is installed into a trench filled with gravel, which allows water to flow through but filters out leaves, sticks, and other debris that could eventually cause a clog or a break.
Benefits of a French Drain
- Unobtrusive: French drains have little to no impact on the look of your landscape.
- Easy to Install: Because they’re so simple, they can be installed quickly. Depending on where the drain is placed, they don’t usually require any major, disruptive excavation either.
- Easy to Maintain: A crack or leak is easy to locate and fix without uprooting your whole lawn.
- Effective: French drains are one of our most effective stormwater management solutions.
- Versatile: With the right hardware, French drains can be tied into other existing drain systems as well.
Get More Great Landscaping Ideas
See the full breadth of what we can do for you, and get some new ideas for your project.
Having drainage issues? French drains can be used to fix a host of flooding problems. Get friendly advice and a quote.
What our customers say ...
"We have a lot of faith in Mark's landscaping abilities but also his structural abilities. We had to have a french drain put in and gutters redone and he was really very helpful in terms of guiding us through what would have been a very overwhelming process for us."
New Paltz, NY
Masseo Landscape is certified with the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute and is a National Concrete Masonry Association certified installer.
Get some expert advice and a quote.
We’ll meet with you in person to discuss your property and your project.